Training a trainer – one or two-day theory/practical soldering course
Whether you are a trainer, team leader, supervisor or anyone needing to pass on skills, knowledge or information to colleagues this training in soldering course will prove invaluable.
The course considers what the trainer’s role should be as a facilitator helping learning to take place. The trainer’s own depth of knowledge and understanding of the topic is recognised as they will most likely be the point of contact after a training session has taken place and act as mentor whilst the trainee is becoming more proficient. The training environment, equipment used and other students being trained all impact on the learning process and these are considered within the programme.
Electronics Yorkshire’s Training a trainer course uses hand soldering as the medium for delivery, but the aspects learnt will help anyone train other staff in an efficient and cost-effective way, be they full time, part time or temporary.
Click on each heading below to reveal more details
The course is available as a one-day theory-only, one day practical only or a two-day theory and practical package. Within the one day course trainers will deliver a short demonstration on tip care and the two-day course will also include a training lesson on soldering, either through hole or surface mount, to help implement what has been studied.
Theory areas covered:
• What the role of a trainer is
• Characteristics or personal traits of a good trainer
• Presentation preparation: from introduction through delivery to conclusion
• Presentation styles: passing on information effectively
• Presentation skills: keeping everyone interested
• How adults learn: listening, watching, doing, repeating
• Training environment: from busy workshop to quiet classroom
• Equipment to consider: pen and paper and/or workshop tools
• Testing: written tests; practical tests; oral tests
• Assessment: understanding variables that impact test results
• Assessment reporting: brevity; confidentiality; fairness and factual
• Course Critique: getting feedback and making improvements
• A presentation by the student on soldering iron tip care
Practical areas covered:
• Using visual aids, such as projectors, white screens, flip charts, posters, etc
• Utilising instructional aids, such as cameras, video recording, DVDs, etc
• A practical demonstration by the student on soldering, either through-hole or surface-mount
What is included
All course materials are included together with a light lunch and all refreshments during the day.
For current prices of all courses, contact Electronics Yorkshire on 0800 610 1601.
Full member companies of Electronics Yorkshire benefit from a 20% discount off prices. Discounts are also available for multiple bookings for both members and non-members.
If, within seven days of the course commencement date, there are insufficient students booked onto this course, Electronics Yorkshire maintains the right to cancel and offer alternative dates.
Where and when
This full one- or two-day course is held at Electronics Yorkshire’s Training and Technology Centre of Excellence in Leeds.
You can view our list of training course dates in our training calendar.Electronics Yorkshire’s Training and Technology Centre of Excellence is off the A6120 Ring Road, north west of Leeds.
Clayton Wood Rise
Leeds LS16 6RF
Training at your premises
Many courses can be delivered on-site, depending on facilities and equipment available for students to use. Contact us for information on Electronics Yorkshire courses being delivered at your premises.